A global leader in shop fitting, Colab Design Group delivers high-end, bespoke spaces to some of the world’s leading retailers for their Australian stores. They include luxury brands and fine jewellers. We are renowned for fine craftsmanship, high-end joinery and premium finishes.
Our team of designers, in-house certified joiners, and cabinet makers will collaborate with your team to create functional and stylish spaces for every shop fitting.
Not sure what vision you have for your shop? We can discuss a broad design concept to get you started, ensuring that the layout flows smoothly and providing preliminary plans.
Whether you want a bespoke design or have a global design template you need to interpret and modify for the shopfitting site, we can help you. We offer shop fitting in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Our shop fitting services include: Interior design, Façade design, Project management, Carpentry and joinery design and manufacture
We offer a full range of project management services, too, taking our clients from the design phase right through to the installation of a shopfitting if they choose to. We will engage with retail design managers of shopping centres, get council approvals, get construction certificates, get certifications approvals required for occupancy and deal with any other logistical or certification requirements.
Our clients use us as the preferred builder, but we can also provide you with a production quote and plans if you choose not to.
• We are always conscious about the environment and use FSC certified timber as often as possible.
• Our experience in exhibition design translates into speed, quality and efficiency in our shopfitting, allowing us to deliver in record time compared to our competitors.
• We offer our clients virtual reality walkthroughs of the space before anything is built to get a real sense of the design.
• We can design projects that contain the latest in technology. For instance, we might include media walls, LED display pockets, software-synced digital screens, and touch screens.
• Our team includes master joiners and carpenters who put quality and attention to detail first.
You’ll want to have a site in mind and be in negotiations with the landlord. Make sure to read the guidelines thoroughly for what they expect from you as a retailer and what you can expect from them as a landlord. Your landlord should provide you with lease plans (site plans) that include floor-plan and covenants.
A well-designed space is crucial for handling customers in a timely and efficient manner. Your business’s efficiency and effectiveness rely on the general layout of your store space. You should design the layout to capture customers’ attention while making it easy to find what they’re looking for.
Depending on the size of the space and the scope of work required, the cost can vary. We can work closely with you to provide you with a cost-effective layout and suggest different materials and finishes to suit your project budget.
For most typical small to medium-sized projects, we require approximately three to four weeks for design, four to six weeks for fabrication and manufacturing and two weeks for installation and build construction. Larger projects can vary from 12 to 24 weeks, depending on the scope of works required.